Thursday, June 11, 2009

Well, this is my first "post" to my own blog.  Really don't know what I'm going but I'm trying.  We are in our house and I still can't believe it.  I like wearing my pedometer and it's amazing how many steps I can achieve just walking back and forth in my house!  We have been so busy trying to "become" normal once again.  Just finding things is an adventure.  We figured out we have been living from storage for 3 years this July.  We sold our house 3 years ago in Castro Valley and lived 6 months with my parents in CV until David retired from the Fire Department.  Then we moved up to Loomis into the trailer and lived there for 2-1/2 years until just recently.  It's like Christmas finding things I haven't seen for years.  

Update on the house:  We were just ready to have the outside of the house painted and found out the "siding" was cracking.  Had the "rep" out and he said it was a defect from a bad batch and all of it has to come off.  What?  Of course, on their dime, but still -- all of it?  At the same time - our pool is almost done.  Can't believe how fast that went.  Start digging one day and then one month later we are almost ready to swim.  Just in time for the hot summer.  

David is very busy at work (Loomis Fire).  The word is "no new knees" for him until he is older.  He just is too young since they wear out fast when they are put in so young.  You are lucky if you get two knees in a life time so he is trying to deal with the pain.  He has 4th stage arthritis in both knees -- that would be all right if there were at least 10 stages of arthritis but there are only four.  

I wish I knew how to transfer pictures over to here.  Another day, another lesson.  This will be a work in progress.  

I love Loomis.  I was so scared to move but I love the quietness of the "country" and riding my bike.  I look like the witch from the Wizard of Oz.  Can you just hear the music with Toto in the back?  That's me.  I have a basket and all.  I ride to my brother's house to water and I now ride to my garden on the other side of our property to water and harvest.  I'm growing - zuchinni, yellow squash, pumpkins, honeydew, cantelopes, watermelon, strawberries, lettuce, sunflowers, potatoes.  Lilly thinks it's "her" garden.  She loves the country.  She loves to check HER garden out each time.  When the pumpkins are still green - she carves her name with a nail into the pumpkin.  As it matures and turns orange - her name "scars" over and she has her own personalized pumpkin.  We do one for Owen, Wyatt and if we have a big enough pumpkin - The Caldwell Family.  By then, maybe I'll have a picture I can post.  

First post to my blog.  An eventful day.  

3 comments:

  1. Good Job Mom! Your first post! Next lesson-how to post photos to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gayle, I am so impressed Can't wait to see what happens after lesson #2.
    Laraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a dream up in Loomis! Glad you're loving it and out of the trailer. Good job on leaving a post on my blog...I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete