Sunday, June 28, 2009

Well, I think I figured out how to type a new page.  We'll just have to see.  I am cracking up today as I am watching my 3 grandchildren over night for the first time.  We were so excited to do this and I dreamed up what we were going to do for this special time.  Then it happened -- I pulled my back out a couple days ago and picking up anything is such an effort.  Totally bummed me out.  You know how you dream how something is going to be . . . that's a mistake, isn't it?

First overnight with Grandma and Grandpa in their new house . . . 

Went to church and during church Dave got called to a fire - need to mention it is 106 degrees today.  I drove Clarke's mother to the airport who is really "More Mee-ma" & I'm Mee-ma.   She took care of the kids the first couple of days while Sabrina and Clarke are on their first cruise.  Just as soon as she left Lilly started crying - and I mean crying all the way home.  By the time I arrived home - Owen had wet his pants.  I'm leaving the car seat cover for Dave to figure out how  to get it off and back on again.  As I was showering Owen, Wyatt was crawling and threw up but the dogs quickly cleaned it up for me.  I tried to feed Wyatt but his high chair tray was stuck so I tried to feed him sitting in my lap but that was hysterical. He was so mad so I made a bottle and put him to bed -- oh, but the bed wasn't up because that's what David was going to do when we got home from church and he was still at the fire.  Got the bed up - made the bottle and put poor Wyatt down.  I'm sure he will have some sort of memory of this event.  Fed the kids - put them to bed and thought all was well but the dogs started barking hysterically and woke up the kids.  Dave called and one of his fire fighters had heat stroke so he is at the hospital with him.  Doesn't know when he will be home.  I guess at the end of the day you just have to laugh.  I keep thinking this must have been a  "Candid Camera Moment".  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Gla-ma

    We feel your pain. After a few days with our grandkids we requested our gym buy a grandkid lifting simulator machine. That would be to go along with the lawn mower simulator machine. The nice thing is us grandparents can spoil the kids and then send them home. We are still learning the ropes. Our Ali left 3 pages of kid-notes which, at first we made fun of, but later we read them like the scriptures. Somehow she knew her kids better than we did with our decades of experience. We need a grandparent hot line or support group.

    ReplyDelete